February 28, 2023
Title: Development Coordinator
Department: Marketing, Communications & Development
Status and Funding: Full-time; Grant Funded
The Pacific Salmon Foundation (PSF) is salmon first, salmon always. We harness the passion and power of people to save and restore Pacific salmon in B.C. and the Yukon. And, we never go it alone, working with Indigenous partners, streamkeepers, government agencies and fellow ENGO’s, the PSF undertakes research, restoration initiatives and leadership in convening all those willing to help recover Pacific salmon. As People for Salmon, we’re here to help ensure sustainable populations of Pacific salmon for generations to come.
The Development Coordinator is a key part of the PSF’s Development team, responsible for day-to-day donor support and the donor database for the organization. This includes gift processing and reconciling, tax receipting, and conducting database queries. This role assists the team with development activities and general administration. Other responsibilities include ensuring a healthy donor database through ongoing data maintenance, managing data processes and list reviews. The role provides support across all fundraising activities, such as PSF’s signature Dinner & Auction events, mail and online appeals, and monthly donor data processing.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Development Coordinator’s key responsibilities include:
- Administer and operate the donor database (CRM) maintaining accuracy, integrity, and security of all data.
- Generate queries and donor lists through the database to support fundraising campaigns, events and activities as needed.
- Process donations and data entry for all gifts including cash, cheques, credit cards, electronic donations, etc.
- Screen and direct phone calls, emails, and mail; distribute correspondence accordingly.
- Responsible for timely gift processing (one time and monthly), acknowledgements and receipting. This includes cash, shares, pledges/gift agreements, and gifts-in-kind.
- Generate monthly and quarterly reports on development activity.
- Track campaigns through effective database practices.
- Deal courteously and effectively with donor calls, inquiries, and concerns.
- Coordinate gift processing tools/interface.
- Provide in-office and on-site support for fundraising events and activities.
- Provide administrative support for the CEO office and Development, Marketing, and Communications department.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Reporting and Supervision
Supervised by the Vice President for Marketing, Communications & Development, the Development Coordinator is responsible for undertaking all work identified by the Vice President and supporting the Marketing, Development and Communications team.
- Post secondary Diploma in Business Administration, or relevant discipline an asset.
- 1+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Ability to work independently and on various tasks simultaneously.
- Outstanding computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and ability to learn new software quickly with minor training and supervision.
- Experience with data management/CRM software such as CanadaHelps, Raisers Edge or similar.
- Outstanding communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous records maintenance skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to stay organized.
- Ability to prioritize workload and requests to tackle time-sensitive needs.
- Familiarity with CRA fundraising and receipting standards.
Mentoring and Development
The PSF is committed to life-long learning for all team members. Ongoing mentoring will be available to facilitate the Development Coordinator’s career development and appropriate training and skill-building opportunities will be provided subject to budget constraints. Educational opportunities will be encouraged.
The compensation range for this role is between $55,000-$60,000 per year.
PSF offers a generous benefits package including paid time off, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, extended health and dental care, life, and disability insurance.
Diversity and Inclusion
We believe diversity is key to excellence and actively encourage applications from indigenous persons, persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions, and members of groups that commonly experience discrimination due to race, ancestry, colour, religion and/or spiritual beliefs, or place of origin.
April 2, 2023
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter in one document (pdf or word) to email@example.com